Becoming a Marriage Mentor Couple
What are marriage mentors?
Marriage mentors are “veteran” married couples who feel a calling to help other couples with less experience achieve a fulfilling marital relationship. These mentors invest in the lives of couples by listening, offering support and encouragement, and by being willing to share of their own experiences, whether positive or negative. This kind of interaction has been known to produce incredible results in the lives of the less experienced couples. The rewards can be just as beneficial for the mentor couples.
What is the time commitment to be a mentor?
Two three-hour training sessions using the PREPARE/ENRICH customized assessment marital inventory as the communication tool. This material was developed by Life Innovations and is a modified version of the PREPARE/Enrich Inventory which has been used for over 30 years on thousands of couples. The cost of the training for each mentor couple is $70.00. Check out the events section on the home page to find out when training sessions are being held.
Your commitment as a mentor couple includes:
- Completeing the PREPARE/ENRICE Customized Assessment online one week prior to the first training session.
- Working with your assigned couple by going through their customized inventory for a minimum of 4-6 sessions.
- Willing to invest up to six months with the assigned couple if both couples desire to continue.
- Willingness to take on a couple at least twice a year.
How long is a typical mentor session?
Approximately 60-90 minutes.
Where do we meet?
Meetings can take place in the mentors’ homes, at a restaurant, at a church or other location where there can be some sense of privacy.
What are the qualifications to be a mentor couple?
- Be married at least 7 years.
- Both partners give testimony of being committed Christians.
- Score in the healthy range on either the PREPARE/Enrich Customized Assessment Inventory produced by Life Innovation
- Complete a short application form.
- Provide a Pastor’s Recommendation form.
E-mail the completed forms to email@example.com or mail them to Marriage Inc. at the following address:
1 University Ave
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
To learn more about marriage mentoring, click here. Have any questions? Call us! Our number is 815-939-5385. We’d love to talk to you.